and boom! a new challenge...
Tomorrow, I will be representing my classmates in a Teaching Recital. Oh my, what can I say? When I was asked if I want to do the demo teaching, first I was glad, then I was scared,then I was overwhelmed by my teacher's confidence in me, then I was once again scared. I am not a person who says no to a challenge, though, so here I am head on to my new test.
I am not sure if I am or I can be a good teacher. I am more of a presenter, a public speaker, a stage performer. It's more of a showcasing of my talents, skills or knowledge, but teaching requires more. It takes patience, listening, understanding. You could never anticipate your students' reactions or questions, you could only be as prepared as a person in a tropical place prepares for rain. If I had only known I would be in this place one day, I would have been nicer to my teachers. Now I know how unnerving it is to prepare for each day you stand in front of class, how hard it is to sum up the courage to face your students that you know are thirsty for wisdom. You end up asking, am I prepared to quench that thirst? Will my wisdom be enough? Have I done enough research?
My questions would be answered, I know, and that will be tomorrow. This will be my test of character, at least for my own peace of mind, if I am indeed cut out to be a teacher. And I am really hoping that I am because teachers are like beacons of light on a dark stormy night. They symbolize hope for the future, a warrior for change, and who wouldn't want to be one of them?
As long are there are teachers, there will be hope for a better day.
If a country is to be corruption free and become a nation of beautiful minds, I strongly feel there are three key societal members who can make a difference. They are the father, the mother and the teacher.Abdul Kalam
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/teacher.html#76b0UjO3qcOKxJQ7.99
I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit.John Steinbeck
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/teacher.html#76b0UjO3qcOKxJQ7.99
No comments:
Post a Comment